The Victoria Lifeline Privacy Protection Policy
Victoria Lifeline is committed to protecting the privacy and maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of our subscribers’ personal information.
- Our staff are educated in the principles of the federal Privacy Act (PIPEDA) and the provincial act regarding privacy in healthcare (PHIA). All staff and volunteers involved in our program are required to sign a PHIA pledge.
- Paper and computerized personal information is under supervision or secured in a locked area and is shredded or deleted when no longer needed.
- We collect and use personal health information only in ways that are necessary to provide service. This may include contacting of emergency services, responders, Next of Kin and healthcare providers involved in subscribers’ care as well as billing, promotion of new features available and follow-up to determine satisfaction with the service.
- In providing our service, necessary personal information is provided to those third parties that provide us with contracted services (including Philips Lifeline for monitoring purposes, Securitas when providing paid responder services, and Partner Program coordinators / volunteers who provide installations and service calls in rural areas). These third parties must also acknowledge and follow the principles of the Privacy Act.
- We do not rent or sell personal information to any organization.
- Victoria Lifeline is a service of the Victoria General Hospital Foundation Inc., which, from time to time, shares information with Victoria Lifeline subscribers about the work of the Foundation and Victoria General Hospital. Subscribers may opt out of receiving this information at any time by calling the VGH Foundation offices at 477-3513.
If you have questions, concerns or complaints relating to Victoria Lifeline’s privacy practices, please contact us at (204) 956-6777, and we will direct you to our Privacy Officer, Diane Silverthorne, or email us at email@example.com or in writing to:
Diane Silverthorne, Director
4-1875 Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2G7
For a printer-friendly version of this page, please click here.
Get a Price on Independence
Call Victoria Lifeline Now
(204) 956-6777 or toll-free at 1-888-722-5222
E-mail Victoria Lifeline Now
Return to top